Objectives: To enable parents to attend conferences and research meetings by making a supplementary contribution towards childcare costs
Eligibility: Any mathematician in the UK is eligible to apply for a grant. If the applicant is not a member then the application must be countersigned by an LMS member.
- Candidates should first approach the institution or conference organisers to see if any arrangements are in place, and contact other bodies for support, before applying for the LMS grants. It is the LMS view that institutions should make provision for childcare costs but, while this is not largely the case, the Society is willing to make a supplementary grant as a contribution to the costs.
- Confirmation of participation and the extra childcare costs that will be incurred is required before payment of the grant can be made.
- Each case will be considered on its individual merits.
- A report will be required after the conference or meeting has taken place.
Value of award: The maximum award is £200.
- There are no set deadlines to receive applications - applications are considered all year round.
- Grants will not be made retrospectively.
- The Women in Mathematics Committee administers the Childcare Supplementary Grant Scheme and aim to respond to all applications within two months.
Queries regarding applications can be addressed to the Grants Administrator who will be pleased to discuss proposals informally with potential applicants and give advice on the submission of an application.
Grant Administrator: Katy Henderson (email: firstname.lastname@example.org, tel: 020 7927 0809).
Submitted by admin on