A key feature of this year's anniversary celebrations are the Society's joint meetings with other mathematical and scientific societies. So far, the Society has held the "De Morgan Day" jointly with the BSHM at De Morgan House in London and a Joint Anniversary Mathematical Weekend with the European Mathematical Society at Birmingham University.
Upcoming joint meetings include 'Einstein's Legacy: Celebrating 100 Years of General Relativity' with the Royal Astronomical Society and The Institute of Physics at QMUL in London from 28-29 November, and 'Mathematical Aspects of Big Data' with the Edinburgh Mathematical Society at the International Centre for Mathematical Sciences in Edinburgh from 10-11 December.
Further details of 'Mathematical Aspects of Big Data' with the Edinburgh Mathematical Society can be found below:
Mathematical Aspects of Big Data
Ulrich Krahmer, Peter Richtarik, Colva Roney-Dougal, and Jim Wright
This joint meeting of the London and the Edinburgh Mathematical Societies marks the end of the 150th anniversary celebrations of the former.
The mathematical aspects of the analysis of big data cut across pure mathematics, applied mathematics, and statistics. The invited speakers at this workshop will include a broad range of international experts in mathematics, statistics, and computer science, whose research covers fields that are inspired by, or have applications to, big data analysis.
The workshop is aimed at an audience of general mathematicians. It will cover current trends and developments, and will hopefully enable participants to discover or imagine new connections between their own research and this rapidly growing subject.
• Jacek Brodzki, Southampton email@example.com
• Coralia Cartis, Oxford Coralia.Cartis@maths.ox.ac.uk
• Ronald Coifman, Yale firstname.lastname@example.org
• Ilias Diakonikolas, Edinburgh email@example.com
• Colin McDiarmid, Oxford firstname.lastname@example.org
• Sofia Olhede, University College London email@example.com
• Igor Rivin, St. Andrews TBC Igor.Rivin@st-andrews.ac.uk
• Marian Scott, Glasgow Marian.Scott@glasgow.ac.uk
• Eva Tardos, Cornell firstname.lastname@example.org
Submitted by Jesse Garrick on 14 October, 2015 16:08