Deadline for nominations: 9 January 2022 (11:59pm)
The LMS would like to invite nominations for the following prizes in 2022, which are intended to recognise and celebrate achievements in and contributions to mathematics:
- The De Morgan Medal, which is the Society’s premier award and for which the only grounds are the candidate’s contributions to mathematics;
- the Fröhlich Prize, which is awarded for original/innovative work in any branch of mathematics to a mathematician with fewer than 25 years’ experience at post-doctoral level;
- the Shephard Prize, for contributions to mathematics with a strong intuitive component which can be explained to those with little knowledge of mathematics;
- the Senior Berwick Prize, which is awarded to the author(s) of a definite piece of research published by the Society between 1 January 2014 and 31 December 2021;
- the Anne Bennett Prize, for work in and influence on mathematics, particularly acting as an inspiration for women mathematicians; and
- the Whitehead Prizes, which are awarded for work in and influence on mathematics to mathematicians with fewer than 15 years’ experience at post-doctoral level (up to six may be awarded).
We strongly encourage nominations for all prizes for women and other underrepresented groups in the mathematical community. The Prizes Committee interprets the criteria for all prizes broadly, so if in doubt please submit a nomination.
The deadline for nominations is 9th January 2022 (11:59pm). Any nominations received after that date will be considered in the next award round.
Download nomination forms for the prizes below. Please return the form by email as a scanned PDF to Katherine Wright, Society and Research Officer (email@example.com).