1. PDEs in Mathematical Biology - Modelling and Analysis, ICMS, Edinburgh, 29 April - 3 May 2019.
2. Random Structures: From the Discrete to the Continuous, Bath 1-5 July 2019.
3. Mathematics of Climate, Reading, 8-12 July 2019.
The case for Knowledge Exchange in the specified area of mathematics for the Research School (not more than one page):
- The aims of the Research School, its appropriateness to the LMS Research School in Knowledge Exchange and the likely level of demand for the Research School both nationally and internationally.
- An outline of the programme, including dates (or potential dates), brief descriptions of the Knowledge Exchange activities and lectures, together with a description of the tutorial arrangements and any other academic support.
- The names and short CVs (not more than one paragraph each) of the proposed speakers, tutorial assistants and organisers. Where a proposed speaker’s participation is not yet confirmed, reserves should also be listed. Organisers should highlight their experience in organising similar events. Note that tutorial assistants must have the right to work in the UK and right to work checks will have to be performed by your institution. This is the case even if the tutorial assistants will be unpaid.
- Careful consideration should be given to the gender balance. Preference may be given to Research Schools on Knowledge Exchange where there is a gender balance among the proposed speakers, tutorial assistants and organisers.
- Details of the administrative arrangements, including arrangements for dealing with visa and work-permit issues.
- A brief description of the proposed location and accommodation for speakers and participants.
- A draft budget, showing expected costs and proposed sources of funding (including charges made to participants). It is expected that the budget will include provision for need-based financial aid for research students to contribute towards their travel expenses and/or registration fee. The draft budget should include any travel, accommodation and subsistence for speakers, accommodation and subsistence for participants and cost of social event (not more than one page).