1. PDEs in Mathematical Biology - Modelling and Analysis, ICMS, Edinburgh, 29 April - 3 May 2019.
2. Random Structures: From the Discrete to the Continuous, Bath 1-5 July 2019.
3. Mathematics of Climate, Reading, 8-12 July 2019.
- The case for Knowledge Exchange in the specified area of mathematics for the Research School (not more than one page):
- The aims of the Research School, its appropriateness to the LMS Research School in Knowledge Exchange and the likely level of demand for the Research School both nationally and internationally.
- An outline of the programme, including dates (or potential dates), brief descriptions of the Knowledge Exchange activities and lectures, together with a description of the tutorial arrangements and any other academic support.
- The names and short CVs (not more than one paragraph each) of the proposed speakers, tutorial assistants and organisers. Where a proposed speaker’s participation is not yet confirmed, reserves should also be listed. Organisers should highlight their experience in organising similar events.
- Careful consideration should be given to the gender balance. Preference may be given to Research Schools on Knowledge Exchange where there is a gender balance among the proposed speakers, tutorial assistants and organisers.
- Details of the administrative arrangements, including arrangements for dealing with visa and work-permit issues.
- A brief description of the proposed location and accommodation for speakers and participants.
- A draft budget, showing expected costs and proposed sources of funding (including charges made to participants). It is expected that the budget will include provision for need-based financial aid for research students to contribute towards their travel expenses and/or registration fee. The draft budget should include any travel, accommodation and subsistence for speakers, accommodation and subsistence for participants and cost of social event (not more than one page).