- Current LMS Research Schools in 2019
- Call for Proposals for Research Schools in 2020 - Deadline 31 January 2019
- Information for Applicants
- CMI Enhancement and Partnership Program
- Previous LMS-CMI Research Schools and LMS-EPSRC Short Courses.
There will be three research schools in 2019:
1. PDEs in Mathematical Biology - Modelling and Analysis, ICMS, Edinburgh, 29 April - 3 May 2019. Applications are now closed.
2. Random Structures: From the Discrete to the Continuous, Bath 1-5 July 2019. Apply here by 29 April 2019
- The mathematical case for the Research School (not more than one page):
- The aims of the Research School, its appropriateness to the LMS Research School programme and the likely level of demand for the Research School both nationally and internationally.
- An outline of the program, including brief descriptions of the syllabus for each lecture course together with a description of the tutorial arrangements and any other academic support.
- The names and short CVs (not more than one paragraph each) of the proposed lecturers, tutorial assistants and organisers. Where a proposed lecturers’ participation is not yet confirmed, reserves should also be listed. Organisers should highlight their experience in organising similar events. Note that tutorial assistants must have the right to work in the UK and right to work checks will have to be performed by your institution. This is the case even if the tutorial assistants will be unpaid.
- Careful consideration should be given to the gender balance. Preference may be given to Research Schools where there is a gender balance among the proposed lecturers, tutorial assistants and organisers.
- Details of the administrative arrangements, including arrangements for dealing with visa and work-permit issues.
- A brief description of the proposed location and accommodation for speakers and participants.
- A draft budget, showing expected costs and proposed sources of funding (including charges made to participants). It is expected that the budget will include provision for need-based financial aid for research students to contribute towards their travel expenses and/or registration fee. The draft budget should include any honoraria, travel, accommodation and subsistence for lecturers, accommodation and subsistence for participants and cost of social event (not more than one page).
Submitted by Elizabeth Fisher on 8 February, 2019 10:19