NOTE TO U.K. AUTHORS
The LMS journals are compliant with the RCUK (Research Councils of the United Kingdom) Policy on Access to Research Outputs. Click here for details.
Since January 2009, authors of accepted papers have the option to have their article made freely available online in final published form (’Open Access’). There is a charge for this which is payable to the London Mathematical Society. The option is available on the following four LMS journals:
- Bulletin of the London Mathematical Society (see fact sheet)
- Journal of the London Mathematical Society (see fact sheet)
- Journal of Topology (see fact sheet)
- Proceedings of the London Mathematical Society (see fact sheet)
(For the Transactions of the London Mathematical Society, a fully Open Access journal, refer instead to this web page.)
(For the LMS Journal of Computation and Mathematics, a green Open Access journal, refer instead to this web page.)
An Open Access option is also available on journals published by the LMS in partnership with other societies or organisations. For details of their policies and author charges, click on the following web links:
Upon acceptance, authors will be asked to indicate on the Copyright Agreement form whether they wish their paper to be published under Open Access. If this option is not selected, the paper will be published free of author charge with standard subscription-based access.
The following open access charge, payable in US dollars, applies to the Bulletin, Journal and Proceedings of the LMS, and the Journal of Topology: For charges on other journals, follow the links above.
NOTE: Payments from the UK and from VAT-non-registered individuals within the EU may be subject to VAT at the prevalent UK rate.
Upon.acceptance, authors will receive further information from Wiley & Sons about how to pay the charge. Wiley & Sons publishes the Transactions in partnership with the London Mathematical Society.
Author and User licences
If published under the open access model, the paper will be distributed under the terms of either
- the Creative Commons Attribution License (CC-BY) [NOTE: this licence is mandatory for compliance with the RCUK policy (United Kingdom) and therefore required for any EPSRC-funded paper published under open access]
- the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial License (CC-BY-NC), which excludes commercial use.
Users of articles published under open access will be entitled to use, reproduce, disseminate, or display these articles provided that:
- the original authorship is properly and fully attributed;
- the journal and publisher are attributed as the original place of publication with correct citation details given;
- if an original work is subsequently reproduced or disseminated not in its entirety but only in part or as a derivative work this is clearly indicated;
- no articles published with the CC-BY-NC licence are reproduced for commercial purposes without the prior consent of the London Mathematical Society (LMS) and Oxford University Press and payment to LMS of any appropriate fee.
Users have unrestricted rights to re-use Open Access content for educational and research purposes.
Where an author has indicated on the Assignment of Copyright Form that he or she intends the paper to be published under open access, and provided that the appropriate charge has been paid, the paper will be published online and in print as other papers, except that:
- The paper will be made available without charge to all users who agree to the Creative Commons licence applicable to the paper
- The paper will be denoted as Open Access by use of an appropriate symbol in the table of contents published on the Journal's website.