Equality and Diversity Student Placement - 1 Vacancy
The London Mathematical Society is pleased to offer a paid placement to work on an outreach project, Success Stories in Mathematics. The main tasks will be:
1. Keeping a record of individuals who have submitted profile data and photographs, including a range of possible search criteria that may be relevant for the site.
2. Compiling and editing profiles based on the submitted information, and checking finalised versions with the profiled individuals.
3. Writing profiles of some historical mathematicians who demonstrate various aspects of diversity.
4. Soliciting further suggestions of mathematicians (in any career area) who would be good to profile, and contacting these mathematicians to request either that they submit a profile, or that they permit a profile to be written about them, subject to their approval.
5. Collaborate with the IT Consultant at the LMS to create the final resource.
Further information can be found in the Placement Description
Application Deadline: Monday 3rd June 2019
For more information about the role, please contact Dr John Johnston (email@example.com)
UK Jobs in Mathematics
Information about jobs in mathematics can be found on the UK Jobs in Mathematics page.
Submitted by Elizabeth Fisher on 8 March, 2018 13:52