The London Mathematical Society and Clay Mathematics Institute Research Schools provide training for young researchers in a core area of mathematics.
Students and post-docs can meet a number of leading experts in the topic as well as other young researchers working in related areas.
Due to the ongoing partnership with the Clay Mathematics Institute and the generous support from the Heilbronn Institute for Mathematical Research, up to £31,000 is available per Research School.
There will be four research schools in 2017 run in partnership with the Clay Mathematics Institute:
- New Trends in Representation Theory - The Impact of Cluster Theory in Representation Theory, Leicester; 19-23 June 2017. Applications are now closed.
- Microlocal Analysis and Applications, Cardiff; 26 June - 30 June 2017. Applications are now closed.
- Algebraic Topology of Manifolds, Oxford; 11-15 September 2017. Apply by 16 June 2017. A reference will also be required.
- Introduction to geometry, dynamics, and moduli in low dimensions, Warwick; 11-15 September 2017. Apply by 16 June 2017. A reference will also be required.
Further details for the LMS-CMI Research Schools will appear later in 2016.
There will be also be a LMS Research School in 2017:
- Orthogonal Polynomials & Special Functions, Kent; 26 - 30 June. Applications are now closed.
LMS Research Schools 2018
Submitted by Elizabeth Fisher on 3 April, 2017 12:06