- LMS Prospects in Mathematics Meetings
- LMS Prospects in Mathematics Meeting 2021
- Calls for Expressions to Host Future LMS Prospects in Mathematics Meetings
- Previous LMS Prospects in Mathematics Meetings.
LMS Prospects in Mathematics Meetings are annual events for Finalist Mathematics Undergraduates and Masters Students who are considering apply for a PhD after they have completed their current studies. The meetings feature speakers from a wide range of mathematical fields across the UK who discuss their current research and what opportunities are available to prospective PhD students. LMS Prospects in Mathematics Meetings are two-day meetings which usually take place in September each year.
For further information, please contact Elizabeth Fisher (email@example.com)
2022 LMS Prospects in Mathematics Meeting: Call for Expressions of Interest to Host are now open and the deadline is 1 March 2021
Funding of up to £7,000 is available to cover fares and accommodation for up to 50 students, travel and accommodation for speakers and subsistence for participants including a social event.
Expressions of interest should be short (max. one A4 side in length) and include:
- Confirmation of support from the department
- Reasons for wanting to host the LMS Prospects in Mathematics Meeting
- A provisional list of speakers should be included. Speakers should be representative of the UK research landscape both in geographical terms and in scientific terms.
- Speakers from under-represented groups should be included and women speakers should account for at least 40% of the invited speakers.
- Confirmation that prospective organisers have read and understood the terms and conditions in the Guidelines for Organisers
- The Early Career Research Committee is interested in innovative approaches to the LMS Prospects in Mathematics Meeting.
Expressions of Interest should be sent to Chris Parker (Chair of the Early Career Research Committee) (firstname.lastname@example.org)
All Expressions of Interest will be considered by the LMS Early Career Research Committee.
Before submitting: Organisers are welcome to discuss informally their ideas with the Chris Parker (Chair of the Prospects in Mathematics Steering Group) (email@example.com)