The London Mathematical Society welcomes both members and non-members to its AGM, which is a celebration of the mathematics that has been supported by the LMS during 2022-23.
Programme (All times GMT)
15.00 LMS Annual General Meeting Welcome and Society Business, including signing the Members’ book and presentation of the LMS Prizes 2023.
- Minutes of the General Meeting on 30 June 2023 (to be published in October 2023)
- Trustees Report for 2022-22 (to be published in October 2023)
15.30 Supporting Lecture
Professor Oscar Randal-Williams (Cambridge)
Title to be announced
Abstract: To be announced.
16.30 Tea/Coffee Break
16.55 Announcement of LMS Election Results
17.00 Presidential Address
Professor Ulrike Tillmann FRS (INI-Cambridge)
Utilising Shape in Data.
Abstract: Modern science and technology generates data at an unprecedented rate. A major challenge is that this data is often complex, high dimensional, and may include temporal or spatial information. The "shape" of the data can be important but it is difficult to extract and quantify. The field of topological data analysis is still quite young. We will give an introduction, present some applications, and discuss theoretical challenges. Beyond basic linear algebra, little previous knowledge will be assumed.
18.00 Close of Meeting
18.00 LMS Reception
LMS Members are welcome to attend the LMS Annual Dinner. The cost of the dinner, including drinks, will be announced.
- To attend in person, please register using this registration form by 5.00pm on Monday 6th November 2023.
- To attend remotely, please complete this registration form. Registration will close no later than 6.15pm on Friday 17 November. You will receive the link to the meeting upon registration, and in an automated reminder email which will be the day before the event. If you have any queries, please contact email@example.com
- To attend the LMS Annual Dinner please complete the registration form, which will be available from 29 September 2023. The cost of the dinner will be £75.00 per person, inclusive of wine/soft drinks, with payment to be made in advance of the event. Further details about how to pay will be provided in the confirmation email after registration.
For further details about the AGM, please email firstname.lastname@example.org