Deadline: 8 January 2024, 23:59 (GMT)
The London Mathematical Society would like to invite nominations for the following prizes in 2024, which are intended to recognise and celebrate achievements in and contributions to mathematics:
- The Pólya Prize, which is awarded in recognition of outstanding creativity in, imaginative exposition of, or distinguished contribution to, mathematics within the United Kingdom;
- The Fröhlich Prize, which is awarded for original and extremely innovative work in any branch of mathematics;
- The Shephard Prize, which is awarded to a mathematician or mathematicians for making a contribution to mathematics with a strong intuitive component which can be explained to those with little or no knowledge of university mathematics, though the work itself may involve more advanced ideas;
- The Whitehead Prizes, which are awarded for work in and influence on mathematics to mathematicians with fewer than 15 years’ experience at post-doctoral level (up to six may be awarded);
- The Anne Bennett Prize, which is awarded to mathematicians with fewer than 10 years’ experience at post-doctoral level for work in, influence on or service to mathematics, particularly in relation to advancing the careers of women in mathematics; and
- The Senior Berwick Prize, which is awarded to the author(s) of an outstanding piece of mathematical research published by the Society in the past 8 years.
We strongly encourage nominations for all prizes for women and other underrepresented groups in the mathematical community. The Prizes Committee interprets the criteria for all prizes broadly, so if in doubt please submit a nomination.
To submit a nomination for the Pólya, Fröhlich, Shephard, Anne Bennett, or Whitehead Prizes, click here: https://www.lms.ac.uk/form/lms-prizes-nomination-form.
To submit a nomination for the Senior Berwick Prize, click here: https://www.lms.ac.uk/form/berwick-prize-nomination-form.
Full regulations for each prize can be found at https://www.lms.ac.uk/prizes/lms-prize-regulations.
Any queries should be sent to Kieran O'Connor at email@example.com.
The deadline for nominations is 8 January 2024, 23:59 (GMT). Any nominations received after that date will be considered in the next award round.
Last updated: 17 October 2023