- LMS Invited Lectures Series
- Invited Lecture Series 2024
- Call for Proposals for Invited Lecture Series 2026 - will open in 2024
- Previous Invited Lecturers
The Invited Lecturers Series aim to bring a distinguished overseas mathematician to the United Kingdom to present a small course of about ten lectures spread over a week. Each course of Invited Lectures is on a major field of current mathematical research, and is instructional in nature, being directed both at graduate students beginning research and at established mathematicians who wish to learn about a field outside their own research specialism.
Logs and stacks in birational geometry and moduli
Organisers: Professor Alessio Corti and Professor Richard Thomas (Imperial College London)
Accompanying Lectures by:
Any member and their department who would like to suggest a topic and lecturer and be prepared to organise the meeting at their own institution or a suitable conference centre can submit a proposal.
Please note that from 2024 onwards, the Invited Lecture Series will be held biennially in even-numbered years. The Call for Nominations for the Invited Lecture Series 2028 will open in 2026 and the deadline will be 1 February 2027.
Proposers are invited to suggest a topic and Lecturer for the meeting, which they should be prepared to organise at their own institution or a suitable conference centre.
The format of annual Invited Lectures series is:
- meetings at which a single speaker gives a course of about ten expository lectures, examining some subject in depth;
- held over a five day period (Monday to Friday) during a University vacation;
- the meetings are residential and open to all interested.
- Funding of up £6,000 is given to the host department to cover the Invited Lecturer's travel, accommodation and subsistence expenses (with a further £1,000 available to cover caring costs, where required) and to support attendance at the lectures.
- the Invited Lecturer, including a short CV
- the supporting lecturers; organisers should ensure that there is a good gender balance amongst the supporting lecturers.
- proposed topics
- the scientific programme
- an outline budget
Enquiries about the Invited Lectures should be directed to the Chair of the Society, Lectures and Meetings Committee: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Any queries should be sent to; email@example.com