Deadline: 8 January 2023 (11:59pm)
The London Mathematical Society would like to invite nominations for the following prizes in 2023, which are intended to recognise and celebrate achievements in and contributions to mathematics:
- The Polya Prize, which is awarded in recognition of outstanding creativity in, imaginative exposition of, or distinguished contribution to, mathematics within the United Kingdom;
- The Senior Whitehead Prize, which is awarded for work in, influence on or service to mathematics, or recognition of lecturing gifts in the field of mathematics;
- The Senior Anne Bennett Prize, which is awarded for work in, influence on or service to mathematics, particularly in relation to advancing the careers of women in mathematics;
- The Naylor Prize and Lectureship in Applied Mathematics, which is awarded for work in, and influence on, and contributions to applied mathematics and/or the applications of mathematics, and lecturing gifts;
- The Berwick Prize, which is awarded to the author(s) of an outstanding piece of mathematical research published by the Society in the past 8 years. The awardee should have fewer than 15 years’ full-time involvement in mathematics; and
- The Whitehead Prizes, which are awarded for work in and influence on mathematics to mathematicians with fewer than 15 years’ experience at post-doctoral level (up to six may be awarded).
We strongly encourage nominations for all prizes for women and other underrepresented groups in the mathematical community. The Prizes Committee interprets the criteria for all prizes broadly, so if in doubt please submit a nomination.
To submit a nomination for the Polya, Senior Whitehead, Naylor, Senior Anne Bennett, or Whitehead Prize, click here: https://www.lms.ac.uk/form/lms-prizes-nomination-form.
To submit a nomination for the Berwick Prize, click here: https://www.lms.ac.uk/form/berwick-prize-nomination-form.
Full regulations for each prize can be found at https://www.lms.ac.uk/prizes/lms-prize-regulations.
Any queries should be sent to James Taylor, Society Governance Officer, at email@example.com.
The deadline for nominations is 8 January 2023 (11:59pm). Any nominations received after that date will be considered in the next award round.