Objectives: To support a visit for collaborative research at the interface of Mathematics and Computer Science either by the grant holder to another institution within the UK or abroad, or by a named mathematician from within the UK or abroad to the home base of the grant holder.
- The applicant should be a mathematician based in the UK.
- Non LMS members will need to ask an LMS member to support the application.
- The time available for joint research arising from the grant is expected to be several working days.
- Applicants are responsible for making all the arrangements for the visit.
- The grant is only intended to support specific projects with named collaborators and not, for example, to contribute to the cost of a sabbatical visit.
- Grants under the scheme are to fund visits to institutions and are not to fund attendance at conferences.
- Only one grant will be made per collaboration in any financial year (August to July).
Value of award: The maximum award is £500. Upto an additional £200 may be claimed over the £500 to cover childcare costs which are additional to normal childcare costs. The supplement can be used to cover costs such as nursery fees por possibly travel costs for children if this is felt to be appropriate.
Deadlines and decision timetable:
Applications should be submitted well in advance of the date of the visit.
- Please note that applications will not be considered between mid-April and mid-November.
- Grants will not be made retrospectively.
Queries regarding applications can be addressed to the Grants Administrator who will be pleased to discuss proposals informally with potential applicants and give advice on the submission of an application.
Grant Administrator: Katherine Wright (email:firstname.lastname@example.org, tel: 020 7927 0801).
Submitted by Donald Eastwood on 25 September, 2012 11:34